Tuesday 26 March 2013

ZzzzZzzzZzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz



So Hotmail has decided to have plastic surgery, change its colour to blue and its name to Outlook.
When the hell did all of this even happen?
I feel so behind...

Dear Life: I thought we had a deal that as long as you don't issue me with the flu virus again I would stop complaining? What happened to that deal?

Dear Reader: It doesn't matter who or where you are, I have made a major discovery and you must try this. Seriously

I remember when I first came to Sudan I was completely astonished by one thing that people did. A typical household here houses a lot of people, as this is very much a collectivist culture, people generally live with their external families nearby or even in the same household and so it is often the case that the house would be full of life and noise.

 At around 2pm however, the house would fall dead silent.  No children, no kitchen fan, no television background noise, not even a cat meowing... and it needn't matter what day it was, everyone would be sound asleep.

At first I found this really hilarious... It was like a game to me... I simply couldn't fathom it... Why on earth would anyone waste 2-3 perfectly good daylight hours sleeping? Its beyond silly!
That was until I tried it.
Converted.

It feels like heaven. I don't know whether it's the heat, early starts at work, or just the slow pace of this nation but my god sleeping in the afternoon is the best thing I have ever learned from Sudan. I've realized that sleep also cures lots of other things, like anger or sadness, hell now I sleep at any given moment

Happy - Sleep
Sad - Sleep
Tired - Sleep
Bored - Sleep
Scared - Sleep
Anxious - Sleep
Hungry... - Haha no not quite this one...

But to restore the body and mind to normal function I really have found that this works! And the funny thing is, it's not just people, all the cats and dogs in the street they all sleep too... its almost like when your phone is acting up, so you turn it off for a while, then it works again..
Anyway.. I've been feeling pretty poorly this week with the flu and have been feeling completely sorry for myself... I actually miss work... I decided to prank my boss which was quite funny... haha

Anyhow, From now on, I will be introducing a new discussion forum on my facebook page. I will provide the links as soon as I get them but for now, Here is my facebook , so subscribe, leave your comments and join in the debates!

Later today I should be posting an interesting article about the supposed skin colour hierarchy in Sudan, following a controversial advertisement that was posted yesterday specifying a 'skin colour' preference for a job vacancy on the local Sudanese paper

http://www.facebook.com/hind.elhaj.7

No comments:

Post a Comment